PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I was asked to review this blend, so here it is. It's available at P&C in tins. The Smoker is the name of the line.
If Carter Hall crashed into black cavendish, you'd get something like this blend. A mild to medium mixture comprised of two burleys and a generous amount of black cavendish, which provides the vanilla taste. They say it's uncased, but the molasses taste I get is what reminds me a bit of Carter Hall, and I know that's cased. There's also a slight sour "wine" essence here and there. The burleys provide a very slight nuttiness with a few earthy notes, and plays well with the BC. Coarse cut and small cut chopped pieces work for an easy burning experience, though the amount of black cavendish may preclude fast puffing. It's a step up from some drug store burley blends, and right on par with others. A nice all day sweet smoke.

group4

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 16, 2011
Thank you for the review; there are too few reviews for Feldman's blends around and I've been interested in his stuff for a while.

Jan 8, 2013
I've tried Wise Fox and I really liked it. I'll probably try more blends in the future. I may try that Pine Hills pretty soon. Thanks for the review.

Status
Not open for further replies.