PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Considering current events in the middle east, let's eat... shall we?

Marinate for 24hrs.

After 24hrs remove from fridge and slather in Harissa (google it) and let set 2hrs to come to room temp.

Fire up the ceramic grill!

Good searing heat!

Cook till internal temp is 130.

Let it rest!!

Slice it thin!

Can't do this right without some homemade hummus!

And homemade tabouli!

Serve with some homemade tzatziki sauce and warm pita bread.
bon appetit

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Well done monty55. Looks delicious and my mouth is watering. Lamb is one of my favourites. :clap:

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
After all the years spent in Iraq and Afghanistan, And travels through the Mediterranean are. I've come to love the food. Looks amazing! How do you like the ceramic grill? Is that the green egg??

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Thanks guys, it was delicious!
Is that paleo?
paleo?? no this is all modern food :lol:
How do you like the ceramic grill? Is that the green egg??
Love it! No, it's their competitor Primo, this is the Primo Jr. I like the oval shape and it's about 300. cheaper than the egg. The ceramic grill traps the juices in the meat better than anything else, and as you can see, you can get it quite hot for some great searing.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
I thought about the ceramic grill option, may have to look into it a little more. I would have never thought of the Harissa, I'm sure it adds just a little spice that really kicks it off, looks delicious!!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Looks great! I just did a leg of lamb in a similar manner. Did on the Weber propane grill with hickory and red elm branches smoking over the rear burner. What did your grill temps run? I started mine around 550º and let it drop to to 325º and maintained that until 130º internal temp was reached. But I want to get a ceramic grill like the one you have....you like it?
11083808_10206530553932043_5950380810276480585_o.jpg

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Ooo! very nice woodroad!
So you did a hot smoke it looks like.
I bet that tasted delicious! As you can see by my pics, one includes temp, and the temp I placed the meat on was 600degrees, that is hard to do without ceramic ;)
I would recommend one if you like to grill like me, but just for grilling and not for fatty things like chicken. I use mine for beef, lamb, pork (chops or loin) and veal only. It is far superior to anything else with respect to keeping the juices in the meat and obtaining high temperatures. Keep in mind you CANNOT use ANY wood or charcoal briquettes in a ceramic cooker. It will ruin it due to the creosote! You can use lump charcoal only , and I suggest NOT the cheap stuff made from hardwood plywood (cowboy lump)… oh.. and never.. ever.. ever.. ever put one drop of lighter fluid in your ceramic grill, it will also ruin it.. instantly! Use a charcoal chimney!

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Nice recipe- I have the Big Green Egg and have been wanting to cook some lamb...that looks fabulous!

Status
Not open for further replies.