PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
I was staying at the Inn at Vaucluse Spring over the weekend and was driving around the countryside and drove past Carter Hall. Yup, it is a real place just outside of Millwood Va. I am going to contact them to get a tour up if anyone wants to do a Saturday. The place is now a conference center but, they do tours of the house and grounds. Let me know if you are interested. Maybe a day of the house and some vineyards.
Here is a WIKI about the place.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
The two images look very similar, but the thread title uses what must be a spelling variant.
pipes-cigars-tobacco_2252_476418273
250px-Carter_hall.jpg

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
I see what you mean in the title now. I was coming off a weekend of Scotch, we were at the inn for a Whisky weekend, a friend owns the Copper Fox distillery, and we had a tasting weekend with all the kinds he makes in the food too. Man I was hurting on Sat night. Good thing we had a room. :wink:
Maybe a mod could fix it to Carter Hall? Thanks
There is pictures of the copula somewhat intact in the early 1900's.
COUPLA AND ARTICLE

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Carter Hall: I've sampled my share of OTC, and own a 14 oz. can of Granger, and have enjoyed Prince Albert

and Half and Half, but CH is a treat I have yet to enjoy. The tour sounds like a real pilgrimage. Too much

going on, but I wish I could drive up there and join you. (I own what's left of the Granger.)

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
+1 coffeeman, what's the connection? Ghost, what's the sugar barrel about? I guess some of us just aren't in "the know" about such things. I read the links but found no connection. I am curious though.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
I sent an email to Middelton's to ask about if the real Carter Hall had any connection but have not heard back yet. The Sugar Barrel is just a stab at the company that owns both, Middleton's.
I will let everyone know if I hear back from them about a connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.