The Rain Has Stopped, The Sun Is Shining & My Order Just Arrived!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Thanks again to Rich and the 4Noggins team who, as usual, shipped quickly and accurately to a brother from the north. I've been inspired by the cellar shots lately so I've decided to slowly build up my own stash and this should help me get started. I've ordered PS LBF for the first time and hope that I like it as I'll order the 2lb box for cellaring if I do, have to say the smell of the coins in the pouch are making my mouth water at the moment. All in all a good start to the day.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Brian,
What a great surprise to your day eh?
I have to ask a favor pal, STOP ORDERING ALL OF THE FM CELLAR !!!! :nana:
I see that Black Shag is becoming a permanent part of your rotation. Are you still enjoying it out of the cob or are you putting it in briar yet?

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
LOL Dan, its only my second order of FMC so it's not me ordering it all up, I'm still working on the first 50gm tin. The Shag is still best in a cob, but one of the Trypis pipes from Pat seems to smoke it almost as well. I have no issue using a cob, I'll just dedicate them to the Shag and use my briars for my others. Have to say I also tried some Rattray's Bagpiper's Dream yesterday and holy crap is it good! So my rotation seems to be Escudo, Black Shag, FMC, Bagpiper's Dream, CH at the moment.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nice haul Brian!
Can't wait to try Bagpiper's Dream. It sounds like a fun smoke. Looking forward to the B&M's pipe night event next week. It'll be fun to be in a proper pipe maker's workshop instead of my little corner of the basement.
Looks like you're stocked up and ready to go for your long weekend bro.
Happy puffing,
-- Pat

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Nice haul br - congrats. I have been wanting to try Bagpiper's Dream. I did order it once, but then found out they had sold out and I haven't looked for it since. I just may have to now.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Good order

If you like Bullseye then you should look into Their Lux Twist Flake..I personally like it better

Dec 24, 2012
Nice haul. You might like the LTF as Chris suggests. I prefer LBF because I am more of a natural virginia guy. I find the sweet vanilla casing on LTF not to my liking. That said, many folks love LTF so you should give it a whirl at some point.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Thanks for the input gentlemen, I'll try the LBF for now and then if I like it I'll get the box and try some of the LTF when I order. Dervis, the Black Shag is one of my favorites right now, just love the stuff.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Nice haul. I also enjoy the LBF coins. Ill have to add some Black Shag to my next order. Enjoy it well this fine day!

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Nice haul. I also enjoy the LBF coins. Ill have to add some Black Shag to my next order. Enjoy it well on this fine day!

estumpf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2013
I see you buy those metal humidors. Do you use water or something else in them?

Status
Not open for further replies.