PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Trying to find food that is not overly poisonous is important to me...and trying to find it locally and at a decent price is difficult. I recently discovered an amazing on-line source, so I thought I'd pass it along.
I have no affiliation with the company whatsoever...I just want to make others who are in search of clean food aware of it (so I hope a post like this is allowed...if not, mods can delete and I fully understand).
It's called The Green PolkaDot Box. There is an annual $50 membership fee, but IMO, it is well worth it for the following reasons:
All organic, NON-GMO food (IMO, the NON-GMO part is the most important).
Including: fresh produce, frozen foods (including meats, such as organic grass-fed beef) and refrigerated foods.
Free shipping for orders over $75.
Engineered packaging to separate frozen, refrigerated and other.
Currently, they offer $25 credit on your first order, so first year fee is actually only $25.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
What's GMO?
Edit: never mind, apparently it's genetically modified organisms. Found it on google. Don't think I mind them.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
GMO stands for genetically modified organisms...which are contained in much of the processed foods we consume. For example, it is my understanding that almost 100% of yellow corn is now genetically modified...and corn is a primary ingredient in many processed foods. "Organic" does not necessarily mean non-gmo.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
When I lived in the CA bay area, I had weekly produce shipments from Farm Fresh to You. If anyone lives in that area, (and I know only a few members here do), maybe check it out.
http://www.farmfreshtoyou.com

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Just out of curiosity why no GMO food?
The GMO issue is just another of the many divisive controversies out there these days. I can only encourage people to look into it for themselves and form their own opinions. It is a complex subject and there is a lot of info out there on all sides of the debate.
My personal opinion is pretty much in line with the research of people such as Jeffrey Smith, who has a lot of info on his site:
http://www.seedsofdeception.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.