PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
Hey Gents,
So I just realized I have a problem. When I first started smoking, I went to my local B&M to get a pipe and some tobacco. While I was there, I bought 6 samples of different types of house blends. Among those blends was something labeled simply, "Medium English". I tried the tobacco one time, and didn't like it. I primarily focused on aromatic tobacco. That was two years ago.
Tonight I wanted to smoke, and looked at my cellar for something new. I saw the jar labeled "Medium English", and decided, "Ah, what the hell?" The smell from the jar was awesome, so I loaded my Trypis Zulu with it. It was amazing. It tasted so good that I instantly got upset. I don't live in that city anymore, and have no clue what the blend was composed of. I know that their "house blends" were really just copies of more popular blends. One aro was actually just 1Q renamed.
So I found this English that I really liked, and can't get more. I'm going to try and call the B&M tomorrow and see if they'll relinquish info on it.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Sutliff makes a blend called Medium English. My bet would be that they didn't bother changing the name.
Russ

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
I actually had a fellow piper tell me the house aromatic blend is almost always 1Q. I checked at a pipe shop on a trip and he said "how did you know?" I felt like the Amazing Kreskin...

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Psychpipes:
Of course, you could just ask the B&M if you could order their blend and have it shipped to you. In fact, that would be my first question. If the answer is no, then I'd ask if they'd be willing to tell me what it is so I could find it elsewhere.
Bob

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
My local B&M sells Lane Ltd. HGL under the name "Medium English." It is very popular there. I enjoy it.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
There's also the 2 years of aging factor to throw into the mix now. Fresh it may be a no big deal blend still, the 2 years of age could of transformed it into something wonderful. There's a few blends like that for me I wasn't too hot at first about them but then after about a year revisiting them being like wow, this is nothing like how it was to begin with. There's also the possibility if one of the other blends was simply lane 1Q renamed this could be one of the discontinued lane english blends.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I'm guessing that Russ is right. Sutliff's Medium English isn't bad. Not quite my cuppa, but not bad. (Lane's HGL hadn't been re-released 2 years ago, IIRC.)

Status
Not open for further replies.