PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
. Still waters run deep, that's E James, it's time he comes out of the Shadows. He posted this picture on Bradley's Strawberry Thread. But I thought it need this said. Thank you Ed for such a fine crafted pipe and tamper, I will treasure it always. :clap:

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
WOW!! Stunning! Hell of a job Ed did for ya Bradly. Smoke that one proud brother...

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Brad,you are quite welcome my friend ! It was a pleasure doing these pipes for you and I appreciate the fact that you considered me to make them !

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Wonderful work as I would expect from Ed and Brad happy it belongs to you, there are selfies folks take showing them smoking their pipes, yours shows you enjoying the fact you are smoking your pipe, regards.

banjo

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
You bring out the best in people, Bradley.
Lefty wants to make tampers full time and you up and commission two strawberry pipes from him.
Nice move, frogman.
A guy who can design, manufacture and knowingly job out what he wants doesn't have the right to hang it up. (Your new author is a great hammerhead of a pipe but that poker is just sublime.)
Two of the best guys on this forum did right by each other.
Fnord
P.S. A post of the poker in action is required upon receipt, Bradley. You. The porch. The pipe.

F.

Jun 27, 2016
Wow, deja vu moment there with that tamper! Just started up with the piping again recently, but probably around '02 or some time around then, I used to smoke my pipe and go to a really small website and stare at tampers very reminiscent of the one that you posted there in style and workmanship. Guy made and sold tampers, shave kits, and if you didn't want any of that he could re-lace your bike wheels, if I remember correctly. I figured ejames might be the same guy, so I looked at his created topics to see some of his other work, and while he is not the same guy, he actually posted about him here: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/need-a-high-grade-tamper. The website is dead, but I googled "tj rakowski" on a hunch, and scrolled through this site http://www.fajka.org/news/index.php?op=show&id=64 until I saw the picture with the banner in the back-ground "hammerpilot.com" and that was the old website that I used to go to!

I don't think that he had anything quite as nice as what is at the top of this page though. Close, but not quite that nice. That pipe tool is money, ejames!

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
Congrats Bradley.

I saw fore pictures, but these with tamper too really show Ejames' skill.

Congrats again both gents.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
MAGNIFICENT SPLENDID Excellent pipes (including the other Author too!) and even better, the camaraderie, esprit d corps, and true happy fellowship between members of The Forum that bring such things to pass! This is the Pipe World at its best! Super Congrats to Brad and Ed both!! Here, here!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Lefty wants to make tampers full time and you up and commission two strawberry pipes from him.
At least he let me have a little fun with the tamper Jim !! :lol:
Again, I gotta say, that neither of these pipes would have turned out as they did without the help of Carl Purdy.His blast work makes those pipes.
The two I made for Brad may be the last large strawberries I get to make. Steve Norse is out of the large and jumbo blocks and has no idea when he may get more. At present I know of no other source.

Status
Not open for further replies.