PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm from Duke country so have seen the estate and town houses of that dynasty as well as the university they founded and funded. Quite a barony. I'm prone to fits of optimism, so I doubt all the pipe blends will disappear on cue, nor that a steady selling brand like Dunhill is going to evaporate. Okay, I may lay in some Dunhill bulk in big canning jars as a hedge, but sometimes when the sky is falling, that just means a little rain.

zerohunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2017
So is there really no stopping the FDA's "ban" at this point? Not even with the big orange guy in the White House?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The FDA Final Ruling is not likely to be overturned. So stock what you like, while you can still stock it. There will still be plenty of superb blends left on the market after August 8th, 2018. I try to look on the bright side and find something beneficial: Germain's awful Balkan Sobrainie will no longer be on the market.

zerohunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2017
sable, is there a list somewhere of the tobacco blends that will survive the ruling?

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
Tobaccos review has dates of reviews thus one could determine when they were marketed real active to FDA doom date shel

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
I try to look on the bright side and find something beneficial: Germain's awful Balkan Sobrainie will no longer be on the market.
:rofl:
I try to remain the optimist. Out of all changes comes something good. I actually like FDA! To me, it now means:
F - Find tobacco.

D - Deposit orders.

A - Accumulate cellar.
All hail the FDA!
Like all things government, they achieve the exact opposite of their stated intent, and actually increased sales by 10 fold last year. The more they squeeze, the more likely will be created a speak-easy tobacco underground if need be.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
They were not being marketed during the deeming date. That was during a period when Dunhill had no distribution in the US. This is why we have match blends for all of the Dunhills.
A few may have been present, but at least most were, as you say, absent from the US. If the grandfather date is not moved, those blends are gone no matter what may change in the hearts of BAT executives.
The FDA Final Ruling is not likely to be overturned. So stock what you like, while you can still stock it. There will still be plenty of superb blends left on the market after August 8th, 2018. I try to look on the bright side and find something beneficial: Germain's awful Balkan Sobrainie will no longer be on the market.
There is a bipartisan bill drafted by a congressman out of OK that would move the grandfather date, but I still tend to agree with your assessment. The bloody do-gooders and Big Tobacco are likely to fight to quash any change.

Status
Not open for further replies.