PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
I don't wear cologne or aftershave as much as I used to.. well ever anymore. And I haven't worn any since I started smoking the pipe.. until this morning. I got some of my Dad's cologne on my hands by accident while tending to him this morning. I didn't think much about it until I sat down to smoke a bowl of Chelsea Morning with a cup of coffee. Quite odd.. at first I was like.. what is that smell? what has happened to my tobacco? lol, but rather quickly realized what it was. I was quite surprised at how distracting and annoying it was to me while attempting to enjoy this special time. I finally had to put my pipe down and wash and hands and face twice before resuming.
I'm wondering if this is simply conditioning, that since I am not used to those smells while smoking, it was off-putting to me, or is this more common.
Do you find wearing cologne or the smell distracts from your pipe smoking, or is it something that has been a part of your smoking from the start and you enjoy it?
Cheers! :puffy:

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I still wear cologne to work and such. But, I always use the type that spray rather than splash. I don't like my hands to smell like it. I can see where it would be distracting to pipe smoking.

nkourilo

Might Stick Around
May 21, 2014
My dad wore English Leather. Everyday. Once I left home for college I realized how cologne or aftershave can really diminish your olfactory senses. Since that day (30+ years ago)

It's been soap & water for me. There's no doubt the scent of a cologne or aftershave would effect my enjoyment of pipe tobacco.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I use one spray about upper/mid chest and after a few moments I don't even notice the smell anymore. Others do though. It has also never interfered with my pipe smoking. The only other smells I usually encounter while smoking on my patio is cut grass (mine since nobody else around me has grass in their backyard), burning wood and grilled meats. I don't have a problem with them while I am smoking.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
I have use this for many years soft and nice, goes well with a pipe :puffy:
j60qqo.jpg

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
I always cologne up, mainly light stuff like Davidoff Cool water. i'm immune to the smell but get complements all the time. I don't trust my natural aroma.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Wife loves it when I blow about a dozen thick puffs of Blue Mountain down my shirt. Lucky me! Otherwise it's usually Pi by the house of Givenchy. Or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.