PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
One of my oldest and dearest friends, Mona Golabek, created this show and will be opening and performing it at the St. James Theater in London later this month. This is the realization of a life long dream. I thought that I'd let our members Across The Pond know about it as it's a terrific show.
To read about the show and read the reviews of its performances in Los Angeles, Chicago, Berkeley, and New York, and to read about the activities of the Hold Onto Your Music foundation in its efforts to encourage reading among children, visit the Hold Onto Your Music site. For performance and ticket information regarding the upcoming London performances, visit the St James Theatre site.
Hold Onto Your Music
St James Theatre Announcement and Info

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
sablebrush52:
Congratulations to your friend Ms. Golabek on her premier at London's St. James Theater. That's quite an achievement!
th

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I would love to see a documentary of this. Ms. Golabek's narration over the score with historic photos would be powerful and mesmerizing. The horrors of that war are still reverberating seventy years later.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Hi Allan,
I don't know Mona's schedule for this coming year except that it's busy. There was some discussion concerning another NYC run, but I don't what was its status.
It's been very gratifying, especially after her years of work developing the performance, to see it playing to capacity houses. She's done a repeat run in LA, at the Geffen, and Berkeley at Berkeley Rep. Full houses for all performances. Hopefully she'll be back in New York.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Thanks for the notices, Brush.
What a wonderful production of a young woman's courage and talent. I'll bet your about ready to bust a button. Has or are there any plans to record it? What a time to live and survive through with the evil of that regime.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Has or are there any plans to record it? What a time to live and survive through with the evil of that regime.
Several of the performances have been taped though I'm not sure if it's been done for public consumption. There are some embryonic efforts to create a film or mini-series down the road.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Several of the performances have been taped though I'm not sure if it's been done for public consumption.
Thanks, Brush. If you find out there is one let us know.
This type of art has a multiple appreciation factor, the history of the one who experienced it, and then the music its self.

Status
Not open for further replies.