PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
I own more Petersons than any other marque. They may not have the best quality control, but these pipes are my favorites - so far. Not sure why, and not sure that it even needs an explanation. I just like them.
One shape I hadn't yet acquired is the B5. It's certainly not the most popular - a rather unusual quarter-bent bulldog. This one in Killarney trim arrived a few days ago. And it's quickly become my preferred Peterson in terms of how it fits my hand perfectly, can be clenched fairly easily, and amazingly smokes great right out of the box.
If you're a Peterson enthusiast, and don't have one of the B5 models yet, I do recommend it.

Reactions: Streeper541
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Peterson's B5 Aran was the first factory pipe I bought. I still have it and it smokes like a dream. It's really good with flakes.
It is a bit of an odd duck, but if you know Peterson you know that. Peterson's B shape line is compromised of shapes that don't necessarily fall into one specific shape category. Most of them are just unique Peterson shapes that look nice.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My Peterson bulldog is from the Around the World series and honors Ireland, with a Celtic

Cross on the band. I see that its shape is an 80s, not a B5; the bowl sits lower and is more

compact. Peterson makes a great bulldog in either shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.