PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I hear ya' Lou ... I'm currently thinning my percussion herd and these babies must go!

If I can sell these soon my tobacco cellar is set for life! lol
congas-600x337.jpg

Aug 14, 2012
Just remember the purpose of money is to exchange it for things you want. Wanting money itself is a perversion.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Very cool Strat. That has surf music all over it. Here are a few items I've spent money on over the years when I'm not buying pipes and tobacco. Sometimes things just take on a life of their own.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Nice gear! This is the amp and pedal I prefer to jam on. I have other stuff but this is my go to. The red llama is perfect fit for that amp, I have a hard time branching out because I'm very happy with the tone I get! I don't play out, just a living room player. I have a tele in pieces that I'm still trying to find the perfect neck for...

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Nice amp. That could handle an outside gig with no problem. I use a Line 6 Flextone (the original model). I get great tones and with the pedal board the chain is greatly simplified. Rock on!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Nice gear everyone! I think we could justify a musician subforum here with the amount of us into guitars, recording, etc.
For me, I've threatened to do it for awhile but I'm going to finally sell all my amps. I just don't use them at all anymore, and I have no plans of playing gigs. It's all recording for me now, and I just got a Kemper Rack a few months ago that has pretty much solved everything for guitar tones for me. (Though I still compulsively tweak my sound when I'm not compulsively tuning my guitar...)

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Great thread!! I, too, am a guitar and recording geek. I own something from just about all of the major brands (and a few not-so-major ones), but a Strat is my favorite model. (Had five at one time, but I'm down to three now.)
I will add, though, that I think the favorite electric guitar I own is a British budget model: The "Lemon Drop" model from Vintage, a relic-ed Les Paul shape that's based on Peter Green's iconic Les Paul from his Fleetwood Mac/Bluesbreakers days. I picked it up in Denmark Street in London for about US$750, checked it as luggage on the flight home(!), and got it back to Michigan safe and sound. This thing has amazing pickups, sustains like crazy, and plays like a dream. For sheer joy, I even prefer it to my actual Les Paul and my PRS Custom 22. (Here in the States, you can find these brand-new through eBay retailers.)
Here's the "Lemon Drop." All of the relic-ing -- worn areas, discoloration, mismatched knobs, holes from "previous" hardware -- is exactly how it came from the factory.

And here's a photo of a Guitar Corral I had built for our basement. Each of the vertical spaces can hold three guitars/cases. Longer instruments go on top. . . (This was an early photo. Today, it's nearly full!)

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.