PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
This is the post I tried to make before the site glitch, hope you like it.
Now here I sit at the computer waiting for an alert to show up that the impossibleto get tobacco's are available. I am off this week so I have lots of time to watch, but life goes on. Monday's I teach a class, heck it's only 2 hours I will be gone, Penzance available and I miss it. I sleep in today and Penzance available early, I miss it again. Today my annual retraining certification, it's only 3 hours, Stonehaven missed. A previous week and I always scan the sites at lunch, just a 1/2 hour but who knows. A one day site review I do every three years and not able to look at lunch, Penzance and Stonehaven both missed, yet again. I already know the Golf Gods dislike me, but now the Pipe Gods do also. It's just to much to bear, but I have some, do I really need more?
I look at the threads, but look Margate and Pembroke are available at a good price. Hmmmm, it is Esoterica, but I already have 2 1/2 pounds of Margate, do I really need it. No, but it is Esotreica, what if they stop making it will I have to search for it like for the others. I put Pembroke and Margate in the cart, darn limited to one of each. But that's only $60.00 and since I have SFFS, I look for other blends I don't have. Nothing on sale so I have to pay retail to get the free shipping. I hate paying retail, what if another site has a sale and I pay to much, just to get more Esoterica that I don't need. But look at the prices, they are only going up, it's an investment I tell myself. By the time I can even smoke it all it's 10 years old and will be worth 3 or 4 times what I paid. See I am looking out for my future, it's an investment so pull the darn trigger. But I'm still thinking do I really need it, they seem easy to get right now.
Time ticks on close to 2:00pm, end of shipping closeout for that day. It's Thursday, I have to jump now but do I want my precious tobacco sitting in a hot warehouse over the weekend. That thought bothers me, I think some more and try to talk myself out of pulling the trigger. Past 2 now so now I will wait for the weekend and have it ship on Monday. I refresh the cart, now the Pembroke's sold out. Now I have to add some more retail cost tins to get the free shipping. No I won't do it. If I can't get what I really want, I don't want anything.
So now I have the itch, I have to buy something, what sales are available, nothing I really need. Then it hits me, Condor and many good reviews so that's what I'll do. But that comes from a foreign land, how much time in transit, will I even get it. Using my CC on a foreign purchase resulted in my purchasing a German car engine and parts for the small sum of $5000.00 and I never received the stuff. That German engine would have looked good in my beat up car. I contest and the CC company sends me proof of my purchase, including copies of the passport, CC both front and back, address, DOB, all of it. It's not me but what the heck, I'll buy $5000.00 of Condor using the other guy's information and have it shipped to the US; fair is fair. He got my engine and I got his Condor, I can live with that. But alas they don't have that much, I feel cheated now, darn you Pipe Gods.
Now it's late afternoon, time has marched on and nothing, no purchases, no alerts, missed chances to get the Esoterica's and no Condor. I now realize that I have found the cure I have long sought. And the cure you ask:
Procrastination, a good thing, maybe the best of things when you have TAD, a Warped Mind and Time.

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
Nice post and writing, it make me chuckle! Sorry for laughing at your misfortune but, I have been there too. (except for the 5000 in German engine/parts) If that happened to me and I had all the info of where it was shipped, I would be on the next thing smoking to Germany!

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Yeah, I saw your original post on the other thread... nicely worded I might add. :wink:
Seems as though last night through this morning that all new threads that were started showed up as '0' posts and would not show up. Thankfully Kevin got it all sorted out and finally eliminated all the 'duds', as it were, that had accumulated on the forums page.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Great post! :clap:
Procrastination saved me today as well. I was himmin and hawwin over a new Tinsky Bulldog pipe that I really wanted but shouldn't buy, even had it in the cart once then deleted it. Finally found a way to justify it to myself and when I logged on this afternoon to buy it the pipe was gone. Bittersweet. :crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.