PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
I have been in search of a Cherrywood for my collection. At the same time I have been eyeing Cavicchi pipes. When this beauty came up for sale: Cavicchi Cherrywood. I wanted it bad. By the time I got home and was ready to purchase it for my own, it was gone. Whomever was lucky enough to get this pipe, may you enjoy it to the fullest knowing that I am quite envious.

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
I wish I could say it was me. When I saw that pipe yesterday I immediately regretted having spent so much on tobacco in the last couple weeks. Then I looked at my stash of aged tobaccos and all was well again :) But still, I'm going to set aside the dough for a Cavicchi cherrywood/poker the next time so this doesn't happen again. Of course you know this means war. Haha, jk... but seriously :D

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Hopefully another pipe similar to the one you like can be obtained so that you can be its new owner. Most shops should be willing to order one for you.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
WOW, that is a beautiful pipe!!!
I have a cherrywood Meer coming, but that rusticated looks really, really nice.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
This isn't a cherrywood, but it sure is pretty.
http://www.thebriary.com/index.php/italian-pipes/cavicchi-pipes/cavicchi-natural-sandblast-6.html

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
So war it is. I have sent SP an email. I really had my heart set n that one. Hopefully another comes along.

rotschefeller

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2012
Köln, Germany
I know the feeling. My wife and I were on vacation in Iceland this year and a block or two away from our hotel there was a pipe shop. We didn't see it until our second to last day, or rather our last night there. There was a Stanwell pipe in the window that I wanted badly. When I went by the next day before we left that side of the country it was closed. In the middle of the day in the middle of the week :(
I hope another opportunity comes your way.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Being subject to Murphy's law, I have often been a day late and a dollar short when that dream pipe shows up just out of my grasp. I feel your pain, brother. :cry:

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Yeah It has happened to me many times in the past. The worst was an Ardour that I had finally gathered the courage to spend the money on. I cracked the computer on, checked the bank statement and then went to smokingpipes to buy my first pipe over $200.00 and near cried when I noticed it was gone. No worries...another will come along soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.