p1010955-600x450.jpg

On arrival

p1010957-600x450.jpg

After a little tlc.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Well done! I love it when a plan comes together like that. Sometimes that much rim cake is a blessing in disguise... mind you, often as not it's a shit-show. But when the stars align and a $5 pipe becomes a regular smoker one can't help but feel good about it.
-- Pat

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I have had a few excellent transactions that went for way less than they should have had the items been described correctly and the photos of reasonable quality. As there was little to no interest I ended up with some real jewels but these were bamboo fly rods I've only been lucky once with a pipe that ended up being made by Poul Winsløw, still it never hurts to have good photos of different makers work it helps in identifying certain aspects of what you're looking at and be able to identify the item, that pipe came out great.

banjo

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
What a transportation hardly recognise it's the same pipe, truely an outstanding piece of work.

dunstanhillwell62

Might Stick Around
May 11, 2017
Denmark
What an amazing job you've done on it.

From rags to riches..!
You got yourself a great little smoker there. It's a Stanwell second called "Danish Sovereign" sold in the USA only. It's shape no. 90, designed by Sixten Ivarsson and it's perfect for flakes.

I got the same Stanwell second, but named "Bijou", for my 25th birthday 41 years ago and it's still going strong having countless tins of Yellow Capstan gone through it.

:puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That kind of transformation depends entirely on having a craftsman on the buyer's side who can make it happen. Otherwise, this pipe is headed to the landfill.

owen

Part of the Furniture Now
May 28, 2014
Thanks for all the kind words, I'm a big fan of the Sixten Ivarrsen Stanwells this is my 3rd and I especially enjoy rescuing the neglected ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.