The Next Time Someone Says 'Huge' in an Ebay Listing, I'll Believe.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
I love my Nording pipes but I also love 'sitters' and none of my Nordings will just sit. So I've been searching for a little while and once came up on the Bay and I won. The seller described it as huge, but as most Nording pipes are usually a little large I assumed that while it was a little larger than some of mine that it was probably close in size to the others. Well, it came yesterday and I pretty much dropped my jaw when I saw it. This thing is by my definition 'Huge'. Good god I didn't expect this much Briar. The pipe measures 8" long x 2.75" wide x 3" deep and the bowl is never ending. I love the grain and will fire it up this weekend. I thinking I'll start it this evening and most likely it will be ashes by Sunday night. All joking aside; this is a beautiful chunk O' briar.

KGrHqNHJEoFD0M5ifMBRECt7ELQ60_57_zps6d2d5212.jpg

KGrHqZHJEUFELqinpthBRECtVs5p60_57_zps5c98d2c2.jpg

T2eC16FHJGIE9nnWprcBRECuBvJ7g60_57_zps56dbd127.jpg

T2eC16NHJHEE9ny2qTM3BRECtB77g60_57_zpsbdd400fc.jpg

KGrHqJHJBQFEHMPqGRTBRECtnoHV60_57_zpse002f1e5.jpg

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I want a nording now...
Soon as I find a new jobby Imma go crazy on these pipe sites.
Beautiful pipe. Treat her well.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Glad you like it! Too big for me. I had a Ben Wade straight grain that sat and was about that size. It was beautiful, but man was it heavy. I ended up selling it back in the late 1980s. And would you believe I actually saw it on SmokingPipes.com as an estate pipe a month or so ago. (It was very distinctive, so there's no mistake that it was the same pipe.)
It sold very quickly. But I bet the buyer didn't realize what he was in for.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
It's definitely not a clencher that's for sure. I wanted a sitter and I think it will definitely fit the bill. It's almost too big but I love the grain on her. She get's her own shelf as she won't play nice...errrrrr...fit with the others.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Thanks for making the effort to photograph and post that marvelous pipe! Much appreciated! :clap:
It looks like it's in very good condition ...and it sits!

Status
Not open for further replies.