PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Well the mail came and I was pleased to see I got the new Ballistic Glass face shield for my iPad Pro and my new Forever Stem from Old Log Cabin Pipeworks made from their new stock.
The stems fit and finish is excellent, no problem mounting it on my well loved MM Twain and the draw is excellent, glad to see they are making the Forever Stem available again in both Vulcanite and Lucite, takes approximately 3 weeks from the time you order it for it to arrive.

banjo
36024793286_d0956a90e1_z_d.jpg

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Nice.
I've been saying I'm going to buy one now for years and haven't done it yet.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
It never ends, thankfully you will be posting daily something new for us. Can't wait till you start in with the lighters and tamper collection.

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
I like that stem, I really want to get a couple of those..

I should have known there would be a lighter and tamper collection.. :lol:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I highly recommend Forever stems. I have several from the old days, but it sounds like the new ones are just as good. They elevate MM cobs to first line pipes, which they are for me anyway. They enhance the great cob smoking experience by eliminating the plastic stems that get chewed up (by me at least) fairly quickly. Since I don't consider my cobs disposable, I'm glad to have this reasonably priced upgrade.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Your luck is better than mine. I ordered three of the Old Log Cabin stems and all of them were poorly made, didn't fit - one actually split the shank of one of my MM cobs - and all had a tight draft. I've fixed those issues myself. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
Thanks for the heads up Sable.

MSO, we have discussed this a couple of times, I'm sure you are right, granted they fit correctly.

I am fairly light on stems and the two cobs I clench are getting trashed quickly. I was talking to a buddy last week at the B&M about the MM stems and he showed me his, it looked like my dogs got a hold of it. 8O (He was buying a new MM)

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I have not purchased the new version. The old version were great; I would just open them up to my preferred diameter with a drill bit and needle files and BAMMO! A perfect cob stem.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I liked the old ones as well but always felt as if I was putting $2000 rims on a 30 year old Dodge Dart. FYI, you can buy replacement stems from MM for something like 25 cents, last I checked. But even the replacements may not fit your old cob. I think the shanks expand over time.

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Just ordered one! I've bought the amber ones from P&C for cheapo, had to sand them down to fit a time or two, but they fit and they're more durable than the black plastic ones.
Bought the black with white spiral 491 spear!

Status
Not open for further replies.