PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Hey guys! Been driving for two days moving down to texas, should be in Richmond by tomorrow night:) hit me up if you're in the area next week! I'd love to meet up. Also if anyone does table top wargaming or flys rc airplanes let me know!

Trips going well in Colorado right now.

Cheers

Gunnar

Jan 8, 2013
Here's an early welcome to Texas, Gunnar. You picked the best time to move down here. We're finally getting out of the 90's. Been cool in the early morning and mid to upper 80's in the afternoon. You won't be dying from heat exhaustion while moving in lol. Have a safe trip.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I lived in Texas (Fort Worth) for a year in the late '90s. Excellent state. I've always had it in the back of my mind about relocating there. Maybe at retirement age.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
You are about 10 miles from me in Katy, let me know when you are settled and we can meet up.

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Welcome to Texas mrgunnar177!! I'm about 6 hours away from you but I travel towards the Houston area quite a bit. You're goin to love it here!

toadfrog

Lurker
Dec 29, 2011
Richmond, Texas has some fascinating history. When you get there have a native tell you about the Jaybird-Woodpecker war. Back then they took their politics real serious.
Also right at the edge of town there is a nondescript cemetery that should be toured to see the historical figures buried there.
If you are interested in such things and you are willing to invest a little time, you will find that the above doesn't even come close to scratching the surface of the very rich history of Richmond, Texas.
Hope you find it a pleasurable experience.....WELCOME !!!!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
You picked a good week to pass through Colorado - the weather's supposed to be good for a while yet, and most of the surviving roads are no longer underwater... :D

boudreaux

Apr 7, 2013
Texas - "It's a whole 'nother country"
Hope you enjoy your stay there. I generally found the people great during my full-time, seven year stay there. There is a certain sense of freedom that I always felt on entering the state as I drove down back home from visits up north. Hard to describe. Lots of things I liked about the outdoor lifestyle and the culture.
Snakes? Bugs? Just stomp on them. Lasso the mosquitoes of East Texas for an exciting ride. And enjoy the many opps for BBQs and visit the BBQ joints/shacks where they have some of the best simple food you've ever washed down with a cold brew.
I'll be moving back there at least for part of the year in the coming future. :puffy:

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Love it here. Working at smash burger (love to find a different job) playing warhammer and spending time with my fiancé and smoking up a storm. Looking into trading in my car and buying a new (to me) truck or newer car. Working a double shift tomorrow still in training and it's crazy working. No one speaks clearly in English so it's challenging. But it's money.

Cheers!

Gunnar.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
and 9 months later....

I'm doing great!!! I'm working at Costco full time and I'm an on call manager for games workshop. I have a new 2013 Hyundai veloster!

Pictures are incoming :D

It's a bit hot to enjoy a pipe here, but I took a vacation for a friends wedding and went back to Washington and Idaho and smoked everyday!

How's everyone holding up?

Missed you guys it's been really busy with work.

Cheers

Gunnar

Status
Not open for further replies.