The most insane tornado video ever captured (by far)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

3 Fresh Bill Shalosky Pipes
9 Fresh Radice Pipes
3 Fresh Askwith Pipes
New Cigars
36 Fresh Brigham Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I've had a lifelong interest in tornadoes and big T-storms, and manage to find most of the good videos posted to the Net.
This one is head and shoulders above all others.
Click, sit back, and be astounded:
https://vimeo.com/138937467

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Well, crap. The video had already switched to the next in line when I copied the link address, apparently. (Damn autoplay)
THIS is the right one. My sincerest apologies:
https://vimeo.com/161418954
PS --- Is there any way to fix the address in the first post?
Mod? Mod? Beuller? Beuller?
(This software's "slamming door" edit lockout is a massive PITA sometimes :evil: )

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Growing up around the corn fields of IL and NE provided me more of this weather than I'd have liked.
Scary stuff for sure and several moments of running to the basement with radio and flashlight. 8O

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
I've lived in the OKC area my entire life. Amazing what a category 5 will do. May 3rd, 1999 my aunts house was hit in Moore. Not only did it completely clean the slab but it also pulled up the concrete driveway from the ground. The house across the street only had minor damage to the roof. June of 2013 we watched a 2.5 mile wide tornado head down I-40 away from El Reno. That same year, Moore was hit again. Sadly I had friends who lost family members.
We actually had a 5 to 7 day warning to these storms. We can get a general location, a probability, with the severity of a tornado outbreak.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Holy shit!! That was ominous to say the least! 8O
The first clip of the clouds rolling by was pretty cool as well. :puffy:

demetrakopoulos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
I would've taken the Nope train to Fuckthatville if that were me.
Luckily for me, at least in my experience living here, by the time this severe weather gets to Chicago, it's calmed down considerably. But with the weather being as freaking as it has been in recent years, I hope my luck won't run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.