PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,
If you were smoking a blend named "The Monk's Revenge":
1. What would it be? Aromatic, English, VaPer, Straight Virginia, Burley based, Cavendish based, Cigar leaf based, Virginia/Burley, Virginia/Latakia, American,Scottish, Balkan/Oriental etc.?

2. Which cut would it be? Flake, Ribbon, Broken Flake, Plug, Crumble Cake?

3. Will it have certain additives like scotch, brandy, rum, deer-tongue etc.?

4. Would it be a Mild, Mild-Medium, Medium-Strong or a Strong blend?
Let your imagination fly high !!
Cheers,

Chris

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I think Monk's Revenge would be a stoved Virginia flake with a Belgian ale topping, strong on the nicotine and light on the topping. The topping should be barely present on the tongue and leave you with a mild flavor of having just finished a creamy ale as you ease into the smoke.

jefflee01

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2015
Leesburg, GA
I would think that name should be a complex blend within a plug or flake with very subtile flavors throughout the bowl and a medium to heavy nic hit. As far as topping goes something like a very mild rum or whiskey barely noticeable on the tongue.
* edit also make it a somewhat an english with a twist to the flavor profile

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
I've been thinking about a story recently... thought I'd share. "Monk'' related...
Two monks are out for a stroll one day when they come upon a woman on the banks of a river. She needs help crossing but the monks aren't allowed to touch people. One of the monks proceeds to pick up the woman and carry her across the river and afterwards, returns to his brother on the bank and they continue their walk. Exasperated, the monk turns to his companion and says ''Brother! You know we aren't allowed to touch people, let alone carry them across a river! What are you thinking!?'' He turns to his brother and says ''Brother... after I helped her cross the river, I put her down... you however, are still carrying her.''

Status
Not open for further replies.