PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I only started smoking pipes this past October so this is the whole kit and caboodle of my tobacco stock for now. I do have one pound of Stokkebye EOS not shown here. Kinda small compared to some cellars I've been seeing.
piperotations1-600x361.jpg

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Thanks guys!
peck, yes I plan to do that during this weekend. The bagged tobacco just arrived this Friday.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Quite the selection. More than me, but I have seen some truly massive cellars here recently. Nothing modest about it to me. Thanks for posting.

irishjedi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
Nice start for sure, preciate the pics & and thanks for shairing.
*cheers*

Mike

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Durham: That is a really good start on a cellar. You got good variety. Now you can build on that foundation.
Back in the early 2000s, tins were a little cheaper than they are today. I would buy two or four each time I visited my B&M. Didn't order much on the Internet back then because we had a great B&M with a wide variety of tobaccos. That is no longer the case, sadly.
I'd buy two, smoke one, save one. Buy four, smoke one, put up three. I have done that now for about 10 years. Because of that process, I have some 10-year old tobacco (VA, of course) that I am eagerly anticipating.
But, it's the process: buy two, put one up, smoke one. Whenever you put in an order today on the Internet, keep that cellar in the forefront of the purchases.
I know this sounds like a broken record, and there are fellows on here with much more knowledge than I possess, but that's how I built my cellar, with modest means.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
tennsmoker, That sounds like good advice. I've only just recently started adding "extra" tins to my regular orders.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
That's a great cellar, Durham. My first year of smoking, I never had more than 4 or 5 tins on hand at any one time -- and those were for smoking, not cellaring. You've got a good stash, I'd say.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Durham:
Troutface said, "We all started with ZERO," and Tennsmoker hammered it home with "I'd buy two, smoke one, save one."
Stay with it, pal: month after month and year after year. That's how you build a cellar.
If you get some OT or a bonus buy a couple of extra tins or bulk ounces, but stay the course. Make it one of the first bills you pay every month and keep doing it. That's good advice for a savings account, Roth IRA or any other investment vehicle.
Also, buy some stuff you might not care for. I smoke English blends. But I'm buying some VAs and VaPers because my tastes might change and, if they don't, I'll have some great trading material.
You're doing great, Durham.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.