PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
Anyone try it? For those who don't know it is a detox where for at least 10 days the only thing you have is a lemonade made of water, fresh squeezed lemons, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. It became a weight loss fad for many, but it's not its purpose. I've had success with it several times in the past. Even better is that the discipline it takes to not eat for a couple of weeks is so intense, it made not smoking cigarettes achievable. Unfortunately, once the cleanse was over, I would continue to smoke cigarettes. Well since retuning to the pipe and having a bday coming up at the end of the month, I have decided to tie one on, do the cleanse, and only pick up the pipe. Wish we luck!

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
I wish you luck. I am not a doctor but have a hard time thinking not eating for that long is healthy. I think I would rather just eat healthy.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Straight talk, cleanses are BS. There is nothing cleansing about these extreme diets and more often than not, they are bad for you. Juices are good but eating the raw fruit or vegetable is better. Cayenne may have some healthy benefits but nothing you cant get from just eating it. You body expels waste in specific fashions and I have never had anyone scientifically literate who could tell me what toxins these are supposed to get rid of or by what process. Now if you normally eat crappy food, these may make you feel better momentarily but the same feeling could come from a healthy diet change. If you are determined, I hope it gives you what you need but be aware, it's likely more placebo effect than anything else. If it can get you off the cigarettes, then I say go for it regardless, if that's your goal. I think monastic self discipline can have benefits but I would suggest avoiding ones that may be unhealthy inherently.

eightywon

Apr 4, 2014
I think that perhaps the success that I've felt may be due to the fact that it is so difficult I stay on track longer. I find that if I just try to start a diet it's easy to cheat by dinner time. Same with cigarettes, I can be ok all day but as soon as I walk through the doors at work I walk right back outside and light up. I find that after the cleanse it's a lot easier to stay on track, and junk food not only sounds unappealing, it's easier to not want to let those 10 days go to waste.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
You forgot to mention the quart of warm salt water everyday! Yes, speaking from experience here. I found that I did indeed feel better, maybe it was a placebo effect..... But one thing is certain, my sense of smell and taste became very, very, keen. That part was the most interesting to me.

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
Well for those of the science minded. You will lose some weight but the biggest change will be your stomach will return to a more normal size which is about the size of your fist. If you eat large portions your stomach expands. But going too long taking in only liquids can be bad for you because your stomach will find this hard to take solids. Once you are done id suggest a small meal and chewing very well for a few meals.
Pecks idea works just about as well for detox. Much like drinking a thing of mineral oil it will make the toxic stuff fly out lol. :rofl:

eightywon

Apr 4, 2014
Ah yes the salt water flush... That's an experience. Also, when coming of the cleanse your 1st 'meal' is supposed to be only a glass of fresh squeezed oj. Then I follow it with vegetable soup or a dry salad for the next few meals/days. After that greasy foods just sound unappetizing.

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
Good then i see no issues with your detox...(acts like a doctor and straightens his tie before walking off) Good day to you sir, i say good day.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I did the Baudoin cleanse a while back, got a hold of some Bad Baudoin, threw up, sat on the throne for two days, Was that good for me? You see dumb Cajun that I am I didn't know it was a Cleanse, Won't try that again even though it's good for me . :rofl:

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Good grief. I thought this was about some new cool ninja warrior way of cleaning my pipes! :rofl:
er.. i mean my tobacco pipes!

Status
Not open for further replies.