PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I just brought in my first ever blending perique. I got the McClelland's.

I've got some other blending tobaccos I've been experimenting with and wasn't sure how the addition of perique would go.

I EXPECTED spicy, robust, tangy, and a necessity to properly proportion the burleys, VA, Izmiir, and Latakia I already had.

Well...my first few additions to a couple of my experiments tells me that this perique adds sweetness, smoothness, and helps all the others to reach their potential.

I've not added much, and still taste the difference and it is good, so good that it might be called magical.

Don't be afraid to try some by itself. It really is surprising. The taste can be quite delicious by itself, but very acrid. If you like acrid, which I do, you might like it. It's definitely not something to work into the rotation, but it's nice to dispel some of the myths surrounding straight perique.
I like to spice up some of my blends with it also. I go through phases where I become a bit of a perique freaque.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Soaked in Rum, it is truly great... but you may see worlds beyond (although not as far as with Royal Yacht, the "tobacco of the seer.")

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Ha ha, I just found a youtuber talking about blending tobacco. I pick it up right when he gets to the

perique....he says exactly what I said, almost.

almost

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Marriage of tobacco flavors can be accelerated by placing the tobacco, sealed in a mason jar, in a dark warm place (not the rectum; it adds a Mixture 79-like flavor).

Status
Not open for further replies.