PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
That video really elevates the image of the modern, sophisticated young smoker -- one who chooses the pipe.

I think that image resonates with PipesMagazine's brand too; but then you link into the forums and find old farts like us. :lol:

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Felt like I was looking at a video of my life since I picked up the pipe... minus the six year-old daughter chasing the bulldog puppy around the complete shambles we call home these days and the foot of snow outside.
But on another note, I'm excited that the company is putting dollars into promoting the product to a young(er) demographic.

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
Qui tacet consennire videtur, ubi tractatur de ejus commodo.

Lest my silence be interpreted as implied approval, I must declare that this ad, while thoughtfully presented and expertly filmed, left me with the desire to distance myself from the archetype depicted within.
But, like ghost, I loved the zombies!

May 31, 2012
I liked it, an interesting existential narrative therein,

although they should've chosen better music.
Kinda reminded me of Bergman's

Summer With Monika
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwCKRiiVqXA

Jan 8, 2013
I actually liked the ad, myself. There was something peaceful about it, as well and example of how we sit and contemplate things while smoking our pipes, and smoke different blends throughout the day. Who was the woman in the ad you might wonder? Was it an ex wife he was thinking about? Was it a future love he had not yet met, but longed for? Was it a lost love... a wife or girlfriend he loved very much who perhaps passed away, and he was remembering the good times with her? Walks on the beach and through the woods with her? Perhaps she loved waking up to the smell of Mac Barren vanilla? And so he walks along remembering his beloved while smoking his pipe... remembering a happier time. I found the ad quite thought provoking. :)

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
The film (if it may be called that) reminds me of Bergman's Summer with Wonka.
If you will permit me to channel my inner Gene Shalit...
Gene%20Shalit.jpg

The opening scene for example shows curtains at a window gently swaying - this represents the wind, gently blowing outside.
The next scene shows our protagonist rubbing his neck, which foreshadows the next scene, that of a woman (i.e. a pain in his neck).
Next we see the woman coyly traipsing through a forest, which of course represents a woman traipsing through the forest. As we come to the end, it's quite obvious the woman in the film represents the love he has for Mac Baren tobacco and the lost aspirations for increasing his cellar.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Meh... It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. I think I get what they were going for. I didn't see Roll Cake or Plumcake Or Dark Twist, so that kinda sucked! All in all Mac B, keep on making good baccy, and leave the movies to Hollywood!

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
Poor man was given an ultimatum by his wife, he had to choose her or the pipe... he chose the pipe

vigil

Might Stick Around
Nov 12, 2013
It's a very European type video. That stuff is huge over there. Considered to be very effective advertising.
However, if MacB really wanted to (and, somebody aught to), they need to put 10 videos together and release them

a month apart just for the "buzz" of it all.
Personally, I think they need to channel the "Dollar Shave Club Guy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUG9qYTJMsI

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Part of my job is helping craft videos.
This video, while well done, was pretty boring. Too long to take that approach, and the theme of exploring the world of Mac Baren was lost to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.