PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I often feel like a lost kid searching all the different types of tobacco, but I am finding my way.

tad.jpg

Got another TAD purchase coming in soon

Orlik Golden Slices

Erinmore Flake

Peterson University Flake

Haddos Delight

Peter Stokkebeye Luxury Twist Flake

Frog Mortons Cellar

McClellend's Grey Havens

Mac Barens Vanilla Cream Flake

Mac Barens ODF

Sam Gawith Firedance Flake

1Q

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I am still defining what I really like and what I want to concentrate on stocking up on. Once I really find what I like I will start cellaring more. I wanted to get some Marlin Flake, but it was sold out :(

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Speaking of the "lost explorer", a modern pipe smoker definitely need some Endurance to figure out all the tobacco varieties available these days!

1045755.jpg

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
John you are so right. But I love the recommendations here, people give you an honest opinion with out being complete jerks about it if they don't like that particular tobacco

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
If he isn't on your wall of famous pipe smokers, he probably deserves a spot!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Crean_%28explorer%29

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Haha. Good of you to remember the wall. Actually I do have him up there, between Edward G. Robinson and Shelby Foote, just a different photo of him. A bowl of SOTE in his honor tonight!
IMAG1230-1-1-1.jpg

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Looks like a potato sack. But seriously, they don't make em like they used to. And a pipe smoker to boot!
Tom Crean, nicknamed the "Irish Giant" (20 July 1877 - 27 July 1938) was an Irish seaman and Antarctic explorer from County Kerry. He was a member of three of the four major British expeditions to Antarctica during the Heroic Age of Antarctic Exploration, including Robert Falcon Scott's 1911–13 Terra Nova Expedition, which saw the race to reach the South Pole lost to Roald Amundsen and ended in the deaths of Scott and his polar party. During this expedition Crean's 35 statute miles (56 km) solo walk across the Ross Ice Shelf to save the life of Edward Evans led to him receiving the Albert Medal.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
bigboi, great choices although I would make sure you dedicate a pipe to that Firedance flake, it will ghost your pipe big time. Let me know what you think of that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.