The Long Search is OVER! (Pics Included)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
As some of you may know I've been searching for just the right Meerschaum pipe since... oh... since I started smoking a pipe again. Today, that search has ended and, in fact, I killed two birds with one stone. Since the PipesMagazine podcast about Olie Sylvester, I've been totally intrigued and enamored by his work. I even have a commission out with him. Well, in the course of these talks about my commission he mentioned Zombie Meerschaums.... Behold, My Bloody Knuckle Meerschaum!

I'm so excited about this pipe I can barely contain myself!

Dec 24, 2012
Now that is some cool shit - I love that pipe. Is that solid block meerschaum? Is it one piece or two? Very cool.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Peck, solid block, one piece. With the Zombie series, he takes pipes that are unsellable for different reasons and rehabs them. Then, he does stuff like this to them. He is making five other meerschaums and has other pipes he's made up for sale on http://oompaul.com . I bet if you e-mailed him, he would show you what he's got with the other Meer Zombies as he finishes them if you're interested.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
That's what I thought, Kashmir! It was about the last pipe I would expect to see any minister to have, so I knew it had to be mine!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very cool...congrats on finding the meer you wanted. Let us know how it smokes.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is a very interesting pipe. I didn't now Ollie was recreating meers, what a grand idea and well executed. Let us know how she smokes.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
WOW! I am beyond impressed with that pipe. You are one lucky son of a gun to have that pipe! I'd say that is the perfect first meer! Thanks for sharing!
-Frank

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Ugh... Now comes the hard part of waiting until it gets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.