PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecowboy57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2010
I feel as though i work nonstop as a student. I usually get out of class around 4 and do homework and study until about midnight. I have many early classes (by college standards), so I often don't want to stay up to far past midnight. This doesn't leave any time to do any reading writing or even watch a short movie. I feel like the light at the end of the tunnel is my evening (or midnight) smoke. forgive the sappiness, but as long as i know that i will have that brief moment of relaxation, i tend to forget about how much working is cutting into my free time.
so, what's your "light at the end of the tunnel", what is your most relaxing scenario?

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Space, all I can say is apply yourself now while you have the opportunity.

I am glad that there are good level-headed young men that we old farts can pass the torch to. Many of us have been in your boat and appreciate the pressures of being a full time student. We have had those "linear equations" to deal with, learn them, believe it or not there are real applications for them. You will learn the "why" in the next level.

I have one thing to add; while most students will avoid the hardest of the literature classes/professors, I encourage you to pursue them. It is in their classes that you will really learn to think, and that is what higher education is all about.
The light at the end of the tunnel for me, is knowing this generation is going to better than the last.
Lawrence W. BA, MBA, USMC

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
I just purchased an mp3 player.I've been spending the last two days downloading 2173 songs on a chip the size of my fingernail.I just love the time we live in.

spacecowboy57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2010
music is always a relaxing accompanyment. Led Zeppelin is good pipe smoking music. And yeah, i'll definitely stick with my studies, I am scheduled to graduate this may with a dual degree in mechanical and aeronautical engineering. hopefully i made some good impressions at the career fair today.
I'm definitely like an academic challenge, i chose to do research this summer that dealt with mechanical vibration phenomena. I chose this because Vibrations was the hardest course for me to take and i wanted to use the summer program as a way to force myself to learn the material better.

spacecowboy57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2010
maybe you'r engine's rpm at that speed is close to the block's resonance frequency, although i think a repectable company like HD would have designed the block so that was not the case. by the way, the real light at the end of my tunned is the time when i will eventually be able to afford a heritage softtail or rocker C.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I think it is some cable or maybe the horn cover, I don't think its the block.

I'm sure you will achieve that Heritage Soft tail some day.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Lawrence go faster than 50 problem solved . lol The light at the end of the tunnel for me is when I pull into the driveway of my home and the world that matters the most .

spacecowboy57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2010
My girlfriends mom has one it's sweet. i'm not an expert so i probably can't tell you what's wrong with your bike but i hope you can figure it out. I was in the mall a while back and i saw a pristine looking restoration of a harley KHK in the window of a bath and body, and it made me sad, kind of like all those nice model T's in the old navy store. If it were mine i would be riding it.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Light at the end of the tunnel for me is graduating and getting a real job and actually having something to complain about :)

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
OK Guys,

Here it is:
100th Anniversary Fat Boy

Datona2004.jpg

I've posted this picture before, but it's been a while.

spacecowboy57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2010
vivid black, just how i would have it. and yeah, i'm looking forward to graduationg and actually getting paid to work my @$$ off

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
My last bike was a 1948 Harley 45 CID flathead (60 mph down hill with a tail wind ) very hardtail. Maybe that is why my back is shot?

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I agree Spacecowboy, it sucks working your ass off and actually having to pay for it, and a large sum at that!

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
I had no light at the end of the tunnel until Dec. 4, 2008 when I got laid off. On Dec. 8, I applied for unemployment benifits, Socil Security benifits, Teamster Retirement benifits and Army retirement benifits. At that time I stepped out into the bright sunlight.

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
Nice looking bike!
I gave up road bikes years ago after an extremely close call with an oncoming car getting passed.
Two oncoming cars and nowhere to go but the ditch. Its a real come to Jesus moment. My knees put dents in the gas tank, I squeezed it so hard. Somehow, I managed to keep the bike upright, but it scared me so much that I couldn't walk up out of the ditch for awhile. I fully understand what "weak in the knees" feels like.
I called my brother and we loaded the bike in a pickup. I brought it home and sold it the next week.
I didn't think I could ever ride again knowing that every other driver was on a personal mission from God to kill me.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
chuckw has it right. My light was when I retired at 55 after 33+ years with the same company. Now its what I want to do, when I want to do it and if I want to do it.

spacecowboy57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2010
Retirement is something so far in the future that i have not even thought about it. seems like i will finally have time to focus on my writing then.

Status
Not open for further replies.