PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Just got back from a screening at Warners of this Robert Downey Jr/Robert Duvall film, which is opening soon. It's a wonderful, beautifully made film about family. Much better than the crappy trailers would lead one to expect. A fine cast with not a clunker in the bunch. The interplay between Duvall and Downey Jr is thoroughly believable, and entertaining.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
the trailer DID look like they just threw that together... I'll have to reconsider

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Thanks! I had written it off based on the TV ads. Mr. Duvall is a national treasure in my opinion.
Secondhand Lions is often overlooked. It's a great movie for family fun night. A wonderful flight of fancy with an all-star cast. If you've never heard of it, I'm not surprised.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The Judge was a film that I had decided not to see based on the trailers. When a colleague told me about the screening and suggested that I sign up and go with her and her boyfriend I figured that attending a screening might be a nice change of pace, even if it was this film. I was completely surprised by how good it was and by how much I enjoyed it.
I'm not familiar with Secondhand Lions. I'll see if I can find a copy

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Robert Duvall certainly is a treasure, and while I have enjoyed most of his films I have seen, he was born to play a cowboy.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Thanks Sable, I was waiting on some reviews for this since the trailer did look kind of "blah"...
Agreed on Secondhand Lions, great movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.