The Irony of Tolerance (New Article by G.L. Pease)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
"Define irony. Bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash." - Garland Green, Con Air.
I love irony ... even though one side of it might not be the most pleasant, which can be part of the nature of irony.
This one has to do with pipe smoking and the internet. The serious hobbyist niche of the pipe smoking / collecting market has definitely seen it's ranks increase as a result of the internet because it provides easy access to products and information needed to fill our wants in this area.
As a forum or social media participant, you might be able to guess what the other side of the coin is ... but let's see what Mr. Pease has to say about it, as he is much more eloquent than I. Check out the latest Out of the Ashes column -
The Irony of Tolerance

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know how much you/one can generalize about pipe smoking people. Smoking

a pipe is an activity that demands a certain deliberate quietude, which indicates or

maybe imposes some sort of serenity within yourself, if only temporary. Some pipe

smokers may find time by themselves more pleasant than painful, which is a hard earned

quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.