PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
A coworker just returned from a golf trip to Ireland, and he managed to fill my request. I can't wait to try it:
ry%3D480

chopsie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
One of my favourites, quite strong in nicotine. The ready rubbed is alright, but the plug is awesome.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I took advantage of my friend's trip to Ireland to get the plug because I assumed that Irish retailers, like those in the UK, could not process US credit card orders for pipe tobacco. Shortly after my friend got back, I contacted the Peterson shop in Dublin, and was told that they can in fact do US credit card orders for tobacco. I'm not sure if the costs of shipping are worth it, but I guess I'll find that out as I smoke more of the Mick McQuaid's. I also have no idea if they carry other blends that might not be available over here that people might want to try.
I was very impressed with the plug after my first bowl. I sliced a flake off then cube cut it. I let it dry for about 90 minutes, gravity packed it, then topped it off with a little bit of fully rubbed out tobacco. It lit and burned much better than I expected, which I wasn't anticipating since I thought 90 minutes (on a humid day) was a little light for drying time. Take a one-bowl review for what it's worth, but the tobacco burned exceptionally coolly (which was really the thing that stood out the most to me), even though I was puffing a little fast, left no dottle and had no bite whatsoever. Very smooth with a nice subtle sweetness and nuttiness. I don't like going too crazy with flavor comparisons, but I can't deny the dry cocoa and dried fruit flavors. Every now and again I'd catch a top note from the brandy topping, but it was very subtle and not obtrusive. Both for flavor and nicotine, I 'd rate it as medium-bodied, definitely not strong in either category. I think I am a little sensitive to nicotine, but I think I could smoke multiple bowls of this without a problem. That being said, one-bowl review, had just eaten, etc. etc. First impression only.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
krizzose, sounds tasty. It's great to get tobacco that you can't find regularly

online or that isn't otherwise handily available. Makes it more of an adventure.

Next trip over the pond, I plan to bring back a few choice pouches.

Status
Not open for further replies.