PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Even more effective than the retrohale, i find myself using the introhale( letting the smoke escape my mouth and waft into my nose). Anyone else do this and find it effective?

Reactions: JRW11b

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Also French inhaling. Not a good practice if you don't intend on inhaling pipe smoke, but sometimes I indulge. :mrgreen:

downinit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2016
I just do a slow retro-hale, let the smoke linger in my nasal passages for a second or two. All the flavor I need.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I prefer the snarf. While the pipe is clenched, smoke that escapes the top of the bowl is inhaled through the nose. To me this is just as effective as a retrohale.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
That one of my favorite parts of pipe smoking. It is not something I do constantly, but periodically throughout the a smoke. I especially enjoy this technique when I am outside and trying to get a better sense of the note coming from my pipe.

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
Outside most of the time and clench so it's always drifting around my face. The nose is where I get most flavor and smoke goes into or comes out of it regularly in no particular order. Not like you smoke because it's healthy anyway so however you derive enjoyment from it is your prerogative.

wlrountree

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2015
Not for me. Can't stand pipe or cigar score going in that way nor in my eyes. Retrohale both and enjoy it but can't stand it in my face. Reason number three not to clench for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.