PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
the internet is quite helpful by times. i was able to fix a power window switch in my truck because of the info i found on another forum. i wouldnt have tackled this myself but because of this thread i saved my self some cash. just thought id share this as i smoke a bowl.

scotrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 24, 2011
indeed- thanks to the magic of the world wide interweb i have tackled car maintenance projects as diverse as replacing the cable which pops the bonnet/hood right through to changing the timing belt

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
It is true, Google Fixes Everything. I hope they read this because we'll all be working for them in ten years ;)

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
I fixed my dryer, from videos and parts ordered off the Internet, it saved me a few bucks there but I also discovered, watches, fountain pens, knives, straight razors, safety razors, custom flashlights, cigars and pipes. So I'm gonna have to learn to fix a lot more stuff to break even :rofl:

bubblehead33

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
lol @ steyrshrek. its pretty great eh? theres a lot of crap floating around but theres also some great reference and how-to stuff, like this site:)

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
the internet is good but it is stealing away my life.
Like now.........hey wait a minute..........

treeder13

Might Stick Around
Apr 16, 2012
Rofl the internet is dark and full of terrors to those who wonder in the wrong direction. xD Sorry just watched game of thrones and I realized that goes great with this.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Internet is an amazing tool that we can access. I can imagine living without it sadly enough but what can I say! I'm a 90's baby and it's been around for as long as I can remember!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Imagine if we all openly shared information with one another rather than hoarding a particular skill because it enables us to make money off of those who are ignorant. There I go again being idealistic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgYAHHkPFs

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
OHIN3 Knowledge is power and the internet has shifted that balance a lot, especially in traditional occupations that relied of inside knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.