PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
I volunteer at the homeless shelter. So this old guy, a new resident, was sitting outside. I stopped to ask if he needed anything and come to find out, he’s a pipe smoker. All of his belongings were stolen while sleeping beneath a bridge this past summer. So I bought 2 cobs, a lighter, and a CH and a PA for him. When I gave them to him his eyes lit up the size of basketballs.
He told me he missed his pipes more than his shoes that were stolen.

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
I bet you made his Christmas, Frank. His life is a bit better from your kindness. You've got the spirit.

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
Nice gesture, I keep a few pipes in my car for just such an occasion. Havent done it yet but I will find someone down on their luck and pay it forward.

davidintexas

Jun 4, 2013
Thanks for being a good example to the rest of us Frank. Who knows, one day it may be one of us in that same situation.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
I have an over-the-should messenger bag (OK OK.. Man Purse) that holds a selection of my travel pipes and my go-to blends. This way, I always have a pipe/tobacco at hand for whatever blend that tend to crave.
During my next TAD order, I am going to add in a few cobs. I will toss a couple in, as well as a selection of testers (1oz samples) that were not favorable to my palette. I can bag those up and seal them in an empty tin. Then, if the opportunity ever strikes, I will be ready.
Thank you frank.

drew

Lurker
Jan 13, 2014
I was homeless for a while, corncobs are an undescribable benefit to that lifestyle

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
gigger48, the tobacco situation has already been taken care of.
drew, sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. I hope life is treating you better.

drew

Lurker
Jan 13, 2014
Oh don't be sorry, I opted to be a homeless traveler in lieu of college for 3 years, and i don't regret it, most fun a single man can have. I'm married with a house now and 6 step kids and cut way back on drinking, unstability is fun for a while but it gets old.

Status
Not open for further replies.