PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahuzair

Lurker
Mar 16, 2012
Ladies and Gents.
I live just out of london, and my closest tobacconist shop is a 20 minute drive away.

What off the shelf blends do you recommend?

I've always been hesitant to buy pre-packet due to a bad experience with the dreaded Drum, which tasted like old man feet.
If you would be so kind as to drop a recommendation, and where to buy from, i'd be grateful.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Drum is cigarette tobacco. Nothing wrong with that if that's your thing.
Mahuazir, welcome to the forum. I'm in the States, so can not give you specific advice on where - and you have blends available there that we can't get, and vice versa, especially in a grab and go situation.

But when I was in Scotland the summer of '09, some of the MacBaren blends were pretty easily available. MacBaren Mixture is a classic mild blend that I enjoy. You can try some of those.

I would suggest that next time you get to London, talk to a tobacconist,as well.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
You may want to try Capstan, a straight Virginia shag. Uncomplicated, but good. Can't get it in the U.S.A.

Smoke it slowly and it will reward your patience.

mahuzair

Lurker
Mar 16, 2012
Wow gents, Thanks for the warm welcomes, and the great advice, I shall take allthe advice and try as any as I can.

Except.... Nfisher, sorry good sir, but I can never touch drum again. Its like old mans feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.