PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
While I was placing my order for 4,000 pipe cleaners today, and saw that shipping was rather high, I figured I may as well get a pipe with it.

There was an amazing looking Nording (biggest bowl I've ever seen), a few nice Vauen models, and the Savinelli Silver EX line is always tempting, but now that I have a fair supply of my own briar I can do anything those pipes can do myself. No, if I'm going to buy any more pipes, it's finally going to have to be a step up, and ever since I read about them I've been itching to get an Ashton.

Today, finally and just in time, something that really fit the bill arrived. A straight Billiard with a saddle stem, only in the XXX line but still quite long, not too heavy, and beautiful grain.

The perfect British pipe to go with my 100% British Wool flat cap and sweater (from: http://www.sheepsheep.co.uk/).
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/ashton/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=150465

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is a great blast, I'm an Ashton/Pebble Grain fan. 3X size is just right and that one is quite light at 42 grams for a 3X. A good choice!
002-006-1489.jpg

002-006-1489_1.jpg

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
Some hot Ashton ring grains popped up today for sure. I like that square shank cumberland billiard- if it had a smooth rim I would have bought it already.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
AWESOME pick up and great tastes, frozen. I am green with envy, as an Ashton has been in my crosshairs for a little while now. As soon as i get some extra cash from selling a couple pipes (i made a thread listing them earlier with an il ceppo and an ardor) i am pulling the trigger on one that i have been drooling over for months. I was hoping the one you scored wasn't the one i had been looking at, as it is on SP website. Alas, it is my lucky day as it is yours, so we both win. Lol. Very nice pipe though, let us know how she smokes!

tppytel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2014
Fantastic choice! I was admiring that one myself and knew it wouldn't last long - I thought it was the best of the rather nice set of Ashtons they listed today. It's as nice a shell saddle billiard as any Dunhill I've seen. I only have one Ashton myself, but it's a fine smoke. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Mar 30, 2014
wv
That is great looking smoker.

BTW, 4000 pipe cleaners? You must keep you pipes as clean as Monk would if he were a piper.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Crap, now I am feeling the need to get an Ashton again. Had a bunch years ago but traded them off when I got out of English pipes. That is a sweet looking pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.