PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
The Free Pipe Project started many years ago in response to the overwhelming generosity I received from the pipe community. Since then we have been able to serve over 200 new pipe smokers sending out pipes, tobacco, and all kinds of other pipe related goodies. Since being featured on the Pipes Magazine Radio Show I have gotten a great response from the community and many donations have come in. In order to keep this page and the project fresh I'll be starting a new page each year.
So what is it? The FPP is a place for new pipe smokers to get some help. We want you guys to experience the brotherhood that the pipe brings as you enter into our hobby. So if you are new and in need of pipes, tobacco, or just good advice on how to get started on the right foot, this is the place. We send out care packages containing two pipes, a few tobacco samples, as well as anything else pipe related that may have been donated. We just ask that you pay shipping and post photos of what you got, and of you smoking your new to you pipes. If anyone knows someone in need or is getting a friend into the hobby who needs a boost let us know that too and we will do what we can.
That being said, here is a pic of what has been donated in just the last couple of weeks from Brian Levine and others. A big thanks to Brian Levine who donated 8 brand new pipes and other goodies and to you all who have over the years and very recently also sent pipes, tobacco, tampers, pipe cleaners, racks, bags, and even money. Every little bit helps. If anyone wants to donate anything it would be greatly appreciated. Everything that comes in will go back out to new pipe smokers especially those in our military.
MWj3H7Z.jpg

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Well seems photobucket is requiring a paid subscription to share these days. Let's try this. https://imgur.com/gallery/DPUSL

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
So, how do we donate something when the time comes? I intend to restore a bunch of estate pipes and am interested in sharing some eventually.

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
Some beautiful pipes you got there Shaintiques! Going to some good homes for sure.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Just giving this a bump. We have received some very nice items. Any new guys in need of a pipe sound off. Anyone convert a friend and want to start them off right let me know. Anyone know someone in the military serving at home or abroad who would appreciate a pipe pick me up let me know.

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
I hesitate to sound off since I was just gifted a couple of wonderful pipes from Theloniousmonkfish to begin my briar collection. I have plenty of tobacco but a good briar is hard to beat.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Thanks for your interest davek. But if you have a couple of briars already then I will hold off. My goal is for each guy to get a couple of briars. Most folks who get pipes have got a cob or an old grabow or something but that’s it. If you have already gotten help from one of the brothers then I will reserve what we have for guys more in need. But thanks for the interest and welcome to the community! Feel free to ask any questions or come back to the thread if you yourself convert a friend and need some pipe help.

echambers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2017
I don't know if this is still open and if as a ultra newbie I even qualify but I just started with a corncob pipe a month ago - long time cigar smoker.

jnielson

Lurker
Oct 2, 2017
I am fairly new at this, I have been listening to this radio show and theCountrySuire. Just bought my first tin, and some other tobacco, just waiting for arrival. Any help or advice is welcome.

jcdemomodels

Lurker
Feb 6, 2018
I’d love to take part in this project if it is still ongoing! I am very new to pipe smoking, I’m 21 years old but a fan of everything old school and the legacies left behind by my grandfathers. So far I have a medico estate and a briarcraft estate, both of which I have been having extreme difficulties with. I’ve smoked each of them 2 or 3 times andI just can’t seem to keep them lit, and for the short bit that they are lit I get tongue bite no matter what, even “sipping” slowly. Both these estate pipes are pretty bare inside as far as carbon cake goes so I was told I should give a cob (picked up a MM Legend but have yet to give it a go, just doesn’t have the appeal to me as a briar) or to try and find an estate with a bit more buildup, I love the look of a sandblasted/rustic straight! I’ve really only tried a couple aromatic blends, perhaps I should look into trying a Virginia. Excited to learn more from the vets here on the forums!

jcdemomodels

Lurker
Feb 6, 2018
My goodies arrived this afternoon, hoping to have a chance to light up this week! Thanks so much to all of you who contribute to make this project happen. I hope to send some stuff for the cause here hopefully sooner or than later!
2hppoup.jpg

butsiethesungo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2016
Broussard, LA
Greetings!
Wow, that is a nice collection of pipes! :) I am hoping that this offer is still available because I would like to participate. I just started smoking pipes around a year and half ago (formerly a cigar smoker) Recently, pipe smoking has replaced a lot of my cigar smoking. I have a few cobs and dr. Garbow and another pipe that has “magic” something stamped on it. It’s not really a magic pipe but I guess if you put something special in it then it might be. :lol:
If i am lucky enough to receive a new pipe, I would be happy to post a picture and pay for shipping.
PM sent

Status
Not open for further replies.