PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
I just wanted to say thanks to the forum members for their contributions. I had a new Savoy Grabow that was ailing with spots on the lacquer. I forget the actual post which mentioned using acetone to remove finish on a pipe,and I used it. It removed the clear coat lacquer without disturbing the stain. Using cotton balls and q-tips, it worked like a dream.Polished with pipe polish afterwards. Feels as though, I have a favorite back in perfect working order.It smokes cool to the touch now. Thanks to all.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
Yep, this is the place to be for those types of answers. Glad it worked for you. If you can, post a picture so we can see the pipe.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
That's great. A lot of us would like to pretend that all that we know about pipes comes naturally. The truth is that, for the most part, we did it the hard way. By screwing up and learning from our mistakes. One of the biggest benefits of this forum is that we can learn from others and not have to make ALL the mistakes ourselves.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Nice to hear that the pipe turned out well.
I have a question. Could one use finger nail polish remover with acetone to remove it or does it have to be straight acetone?

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
Bob, it was finger nail polish remover. Just play mum is the word if ladies of the house ask questions.Not refined work but worked for me. Here are the photos.
grabow002.jpg

grabow001.jpg

Sorry pics are so large haven't figured out how to crop.

Status
Not open for further replies.