PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Watched Denzel Washington's in "The Equalizer" tonight with my sons and it took me back a solid 25 plus years when Edward Woodward did the same thing in the every bit as good CBS TV version.
Woodward was a hell of a performer and, for you war buffs, check out "Breaker Morant" if you can find it anywhere. The movie was directed by Bruce Beresford and was part of the Australian invasion of Hollywood back in the late 70's and early 80's.
SPOILER ALERT
Right before the last scene, where McCall is on his computer, I told my sons, "If Washington's interested, here's a cash cow."
Ba-Da-Bing!
Fnord

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I'll have to see if I an find Breaker Morant. The wife and I watched The Equalizer the other night, I have mixed feelings about it. Loved the TV version.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
We saw The Equalizer this past Fall. A couple of hours of watching Russian mobsters being dispatched in very creative ways was most entertaining. Plus, how can you not like Denzel?

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
If you know what to do, Home Depot is probably a great place to make all sorts of weapons.
Enjoyed to movie, too.

Dec 24, 2012
I saw it too and thought it was a lot of fun, though clearly Denzel plays the character much differently than Edward Woodward did.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Loved the original series and will check out the new movie ... thanks!
Edward-Woodward-in-The-Eq-011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.