PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
Today I finally hit that big shiny "buy now" button we all love to abuse and am expecting Fleur de Semois. I've been pretty excited to try this special burley and have read numerous reviews and stories. My question to the group is since this is produced by one man (well man and his wife?), will retirement of the human mean retirement of the leaf? Are there others cultivating this strain that we just don't see in the American market?
tl;dr, should i buy up a bunch just in case?

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
Thanks Vink. I suppose a stash will be convenient but all won't be lost should the importing cease.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I thought I had a stash, but I hadn't heard about the retirement. Maybe he could license the brand, with guarantees of continuing the current version, and sustain some additional retirement income? It's a treasure to those of us who savor it. To others, it is a nauseating thought, but that's true of various tobaccos.

vink

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2015
Longueuil, Quebec
The thing I woudl really want to try from him are bouchon de semois. Those looks awesome!
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/put-that-cigar-in-your-pipe

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
Are there others cultivating this strain that we just don't see in the American market?
Yes, Me and several others are growing it this year. As for commercial production there are others that grow Semois (in Belgium). The only thing that might set Vincent Manil's Semois apart from some one like Mr. Martin ( another Semois grower) might be his roasting process but then again, roasting is pretty simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.