PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Been trying to obtain one of these for awhile. Tobacciana interests me and this was one I was trying to add to my collection. Wasn't thrilled with what I paid for it, but it was still less than what I had normally seen them sell for on the Bay. As a general note: Pay attention to exchange rates and know what you're paying BEFORE you bid.
Pretty sure it isn't the best way to store your on-the-go baccy, but it is a cool little design none the less. I'm trying it out right now, see how long it takes for the tobacco to dry out.
Can I beat the clock and smoke it all before it drys out?
baccy1-600x450.jpg

baccy2-600x450.jpg

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
Nice score. I keep eyeing them, but have not pulled the trigger as of yet.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Been looking for one myself for a few years now. If you are lucky, you can find one mislabeled as a makeup case at an antique mall. I like the color of the one you have, sort of tortoise.

Jun 7, 2014
It is really tough to find.. My friend have one as his grandfather gifted him.. I am still not to get one..Hope you become successful..

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I assume these snap on to traditional sized tins? I believe I can also assume from the comments that I was better off, not knowing these exist. :lol: Congratulations

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
My bad, daimyo. On reflection I wouldn't have paid as much as I did. It's neat, but not worth more than $30 ... which is what I intended to pay. $30 USD is not the same as £30 GBD.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
One is one my "dream" list . . . I've been too busy building up my cellar to spring for one, but I keep watching for them - they usually go for $80 US, so you paid about the going rate.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Oh, I know that I got a good deal on it for the usual price ... I was commenting that I paid more than I wanted to though. But, it's in my hands now and I won't have to buy another.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I don't smoke my pipe often enough to warrant keeping tobacco on my person at any given time. Not to mention you can't really smoke anywhere in a public place that's suitable for enjoying a pipe. It's not like(well for at least for me it's not) I'm going outside to grab a few "drags" off my pipe before going back into work.
I'm not trying to take away from your purchase cmdrmcbragg, I'm glad you found something that makes you enjoy this hobby a bit more. In my mind, it was worth every one of your pennies paid.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
@derfargin, I usually pack a bowl for the day and smoke it every couple hours. I usually take about 10 minutes to smoke and sometimes I'll walk around the outside of the office building.
I thought it was a cool concept that is definitely dated looking.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I assume these snap on to traditional sized tins?
I don't believe so - the Baccyflap is a self-contained tobacco "pouch", with two halves that screw together. It's designed to fit better in the pocket than a tin, though I'm not sure what advantage they have over a leather tobacco pouch (perhaps less prone to being punctured by keys).

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I doubt it snaps on to a Nightcap tin and I don't see much advantage to it over something more conventional.

Status
Not open for further replies.