PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
Assuming the new FDA regs go in to effect as they are, what happens to the blenders?
Are Russ and Greg and Jeremy and to a lesser extant Mike and Mary out of jobs?

ctron

Lurker
Mar 25, 2013
I don't know about Russ but C&D and McClelland should be safe, as a portion of their blends have been in production before the 2007 deadline so they will still be able to produce those blends without new regulations but who knows for certain what will happen.

xmEPNE

Carnac the Magnificent predicts that we will see blenders working more closely with registered tobacco producers. Maybe a H&H blend produced by C&D, and stamped as such. The lines between production and distribution are just being redrawn. No longer can a distributed or retailer just mix a few together and call it a new product. Same as my Ace Hardware guy can't mix a few pesticides and sell them to me as a new product. The mixing would have to be done by the manufacturer.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
A fair number of the H&H Signature blends will be safe. We are looking at all possibilities to not only allow our customers access to the blends they love, but to continue innovating going forward, but we won't know how to proceed until the picture is clear.

I appreciate peoples' concern, but don't worry about me. Most of the copy you see on our website or in our catalog is my responsibility, and I also create the pages for new products. I've been given assurances that I won't be disappearing.
Russ

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
It looks like all my favorites from the Signature Series are good to go moving forward. If the deeming date will just get advanced to 2016 per the House Bill, a lot of problems will be solved.

May 4, 2015
If the deeming date will just get advanced to 2016 per the House Bill, a lot of problems will be solved.
This would be a victory, for sure.
My other problem is the "manufacturer" designation. I like small house blends and I'll be sad of those just vanish.

baccyfart

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2015
No worries about any of this really. 40% Va bright + 40% Va aged red + 20% SJ perique = happiness the rest of my life, if need be. For those of you who haven't done a little blending experimentation, now is the time. So simple even a caveman can do it! Btw, press the above mixture into a crumble cake and then let it age about 6 months in a mason jar... Sublime stuff. It really is that good. Grab a pound each of the Va's and 8 oz of SJ perique from Russ and give it a go! You'll thank me.

Status
Not open for further replies.