PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
This classic shape is part of the Peterson Sherlock Holmes series.

peterson-sherlock-holmes-baker-street-1-600x399.jpg

They call it Baker Street but I think that they should have called Dr. Watson.

nigel-bruce-600x480.jpg

The Kinsale version is on my short list.

xl13-smooth-fishtail.jpg

Does anyone else have any of these?

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
I have three diamond shaped bulldogs but none of which are Peterson. 2 are kaywoodie and one is a medico.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Al,
Those are gorgeous and my favorite shape by far. I don't like the tall bowl on the first couple of pics. I prefer the squat bowl and a slight bend. I just picked up a Tinsky and one from forum member zack24 (Zack Hamrich). I need about 25 more and then I will be good :)

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Now that there is PURRRTTTTTYYYYY stanlaurel.
I have two BC pipes and they are both really good smokers. I hope yours is the same

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Love the bead line with actual beads on that Peterson. I have an Around the World Peterson bent bulldog commemorating Ireland and other bulldogs from Johs, Stanwell, and Dr. Grabow (no bead line but elegant shaping on the Grabow Royalton). The Stanwell is a shape 32 which is often cited as one of the original Stanwell shapes.

...one of my 2014 Christmas pipes is a Savenelli 673KS, which is right between a bulldog and a Rhody, with a sort of elliptical stem with sharper edges on the two sides. I think it is correctly listed as a Rhody, but some retailers call it a bulldog. It's an impressive dark stain in the Opera series, with a wood contrasting finish band.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Al,
I don't have a great pic of the pipe but check out this link to see the professional pics that Zack has of the pipe. I got it mid December and only have about 4 bowls through it, but it smokes really well with an open draw. Its not a true diamond shank but the bulldog is my fave.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Some great looking pipes there everyone.

I don't have a Bulldog yet but is definitely on my "shapes to acquire" list.

And oh what a long list it is!! lol :puffy:

xrundog

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
I like the first Pete. I'd like one like that with a fishtail. The Bulldog is an old, old shape. Here's a sexy Premier Redmanol Bulldog c. 1920.
PremierRedmanolBulldog_zps43b5c427.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.