PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

backwoodsjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2015
Central Minnesota
Besides the obvious choice of nightcap. What is a good FULL Latakia blend that is on the sweet side.

Something like Frog M or FGOTP, but with some substantial nicotine.
I've have not tried "and so to bed" does this fit the bill?
thanks

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Gaslight? I don't know because my tin is still sealed, but i've heard it's Lat forward and tasty.

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
ASTB isn't the Lat bomb many people think it is. There is Latakia in it for sure but it's closer to Scottish IMHO (though not Scottish, that's just the closest I can think of to compare). There is a prominent sweetness that stand more forward than the beloved dark smoky leaf. Also, at least for me, I don't get that throat/chest lump feeling I often find when smoking something dripping with vitamin N. Excellent smoke but no Nightcap.
To answer the question though, 10 Russians or Stimulus Package are good heavy blends that make my lids droop.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Black Frigate, Balkan Sasieni, Mac Baren's Plum Cake, Margate, and Blue Mountain.

backwoodsjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2015
Central Minnesota
I have some Margate in the cabinet. I will have to get into it.
As for shutterbug; I suspect, I might go full circle to find Nightcap was all I needed.
The journey should be costly, but tasty. I believe well worth it.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
I've been smoking Black House over the last few evenings,its a new one to me. Plenty of lat,although not overpowering, with a nice sweet coconut hint.

GH Balkan Mixture is a good strong smoke too.

backwoodsjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2015
Central Minnesota
oldreddog
Your right on with Blackhouse. I was smokin' some at 6:30 this morning.

Im just looking for a bit of Nic for the evening.
I have not tried GH Balkan as of yet.

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
Sweet-ish tasting Latakia prominent blends? I'd throw Maltese Falcon into the ring, and possibly Odyssey as well. I'd also say they are a bit higher in strength than the Frog series. Give them a try! :puffy:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I sleep better after a full pipe of Nightcap. Whether it's just actual relaxation, or something else, beats me, but it's a magical blend in the midnight hours.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
^^^ This is not to say that Nightcap cannot be enjoyed at other times. It's pretty frickin' magical any other time too.

newfie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2015
Shearstown, NL
Depending on your tastes, probably not a Lat bomb but it suits my needs.
I like to mix a couple of rubbed out coins of Brown Rope with some PS Balkan Supreme.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
This is not to say that Nightcap cannot be enjoyed at other times. It's pretty frickin' magical any other time too.
+1 on what deathmetal said.

Status
Not open for further replies.