PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2013
Finally got around to trying Old Joe Krantz and Crooner. Loved them both and there is something exciting about the adventure of sampling new tobacco's. Both will now be in regular rotation. The "deer tongue" thing kept me away for a long time, but now I'm glad I tried them. Definitely ordering more of both! It's always a good day when you try new blends and you love them on after the first bowl.
Now - to find new pipes to smoke them in! Estate Castello's here I come! Or, maybe an Ardor. Or maybe an Ascorti... or maybe...

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Received my Crooner today and WOW it's got nicotine. I like the taste but where's the Deer Tongue. All I taste is great burley. I don't see much of the Deer Tongue in the 4oz bulk that I bought. I love the cube cut, just dip and light. Smoked slow this blend reminds me of Edgeworth RR but with more strength. This will probably be my early morning smoke because blends with this much nicotine keep me awake at night. Will I buy more.....YES.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Crooner's been a favorite for a while here. Will heavily ghost a pipe though.

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
I bought 2 oz of Crooner on IPSD and loved it. Some say there's a vanilla flavor to it from the deer tongue, but to me it tastes more like mint. Combined with the chocolate notes from the burley, Crooner reminds me of a peppermint patty! (I wouldn't say it's an aromatic though.)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I get more apples and cinnamon from the deertongue, but will agree, not an aromatic.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
OJK is one of those tobaccos that everyone must try. It is a rite of passage. Never had Crooner; the description scared me away!

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
OJK is wonderful; Big n' Burley is delicious, too. Dark fired burleys are subline smokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.