Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
The oldest tobacco shop in Mississippi is moving, and we have the scoop at Pipes Magazine! It's a really cool story filled with history, and exclusive photos. Check it out!

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-news/tobacconist-spotlight-the-country-squire/

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Excellent work Pylorns!
I love the Squire. The radio show is definitely a change of pace from the Pipes Magazine Radio Show, but totally worth the watch/listen. You can still learn things from it and it's just like hanging out at a local shop with friends.
Jon David really knows what he's doing with tobacco leaf. I've had a few of his blends (aromatics only) and they've all been top notch blends. He's the tobacco version of the hair stylist you can sit down in the chair and say do your thing and afterwards your hair looks amazing no matter what. If you haven't tried any of the Squire blends I HIGHLY recommend ordering some.
Best of luck to Jon David and The Country Squire. Hope this move only brings good things for this amazing man and store.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Thanks! As I get some new photos I'm going to post them up. They were supposed to move in last weekend but as you can see from the pics, contractors..are well.. contractors, always late, never on schedule or on budget. So MAYBE he gets to move in this weekend coming up.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Looking forward to more photos, pylorns! I enjoyed the article. It makes me want to travel to Jackson, Mississippi and visit the shop :)

Status
Not open for further replies.