Status
Not open for further replies.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
https://www.thecountrysquireonline.com/2018/04/the-country-squire-is-moving/
April 20th, 2018 Jackson, Ms. The Country Squire, Mississippi’s Original Tobacconist, has announced it will be moving locations. After almost 48 years, The Country Squire is moving to a new unit in The Quarter. We’re a little sad but very excited about the future!
The new ownership of the building complex (The Quarter) where the Country Squire is located has offered the Squire with a unique opportunity to expand to a large space and a larger space only 2 doors down. This is a great next step for the Country Squire as we service the Jackson community as well as all our cherished friends on the internet. Please watch the following video for the full story.
Video on the above link that goes into detail.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Sounds exciting and a little sad at the same time. I happened to meet Jon David at a Chicago show a few years ago and he was a true gentleman, one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. I wish him and the shop itself the best of luck with the move and new space.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
As long as they are in business and still doing the pipecast I'll follow them where ever they go.

stflorian

Might Stick Around
Jan 16, 2015
Glad I was able to stop in and see the shop in December and meet Jon David. Top notch shop and even better people.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Fantastic. Any growth in this industry is good. The old shop may have the history, but the new one promises bigger and better things.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'll be making the drive down South soon, I'll have to hit the new shop, thanks for the heads up.

I haven't been listening to their podcasts recently, since they updated last year, they are no longer on Podkicker and I can't seem to pull off two podcast platforms...

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Al,

Check them out on youtube. They record the podcast live at 8:30 (Central) and leave them up on youtube. I find them more entertaining because it's not edited.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This is upbeat news, a nice change in the face of other pipe news. Is the new location near a college campus? That would be a way to the next generations.

witchofthehollow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2018
Great to hear, ive visited there one time and loved it. Its a great tobacconist to be sure and happy to hear its moving to a new and bigger locale!

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
Witchofthehollow, please don't put a spell on me, as I'm protected. But damn, you're pretty fine. :D

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
Yoda-
It was a joke.

At least the first part was. She's a fine looking woman and us old codgers don't mind telling a member of the opposite sex so. Sorry you found it offensive. She took it as a compliment.
Check your "pink hat" at the door. :roll:
LOL Pylorns!

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Yoda-
It was a joke.

At least the first part was. She's a fine looking woman and us old codgers don't mind telling a member of the opposite sex so. Sorry you found it offensive. She took it as a compliment.
Check your "pink hat" at the door. :roll:
LOL Pylorns!
I wasn't offended. I was just calling it like I saw it, just like you were.

Status
Not open for further replies.