PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanpaul

Lurker
Dec 8, 2014
A pipe smoker of some 25 years, I once encountered this weed 20 years ago when I forgot my regular smoke whilst out. I popped into my local Supermarket and regretted it. Awful stuff. Out of morbid curiosity I recently purchased Condor again.
Arriving home, I loaded my pipe and lit the furnace. I awaited that Condor moment and it arrived!! A moment in which I believed my insides would implode into a watery mess and slip gently out of my bum akin to a recovering heroine addict in rehab.
Having my wife enter the room she enquired "what have your cleaned that pipe with it stinks?"
Examining the pouch to find out what I had exactly loaded my pipe with I note it states "break seal gently" that's about the only gentle thing about this abomination of a tobacco. I am told that it is the preferred smoke of older pipe smokers. It should be, as the stench would certainly mask the smell of the incontinence. In fact this weed could probably remove the stains.
The health warning on the front does not do this tobacco justice. The mess it leaves your pipe in let alone your tasting senses would leave your wondering why this stuff is for sale at all

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Lol ... funny stuff Paul! :rofl:
Welcome to the forum ... sounds like you'll fit in here! :puffy:

xrundog

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
I like Condor. I have a few old pipes that were heavily ghosted with the stuff when I bought them. I decided not to fight it. They are my Condor pipes. I think it's good stuff!

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I am 42. I am the answer to Life the Universe and Everything, but I am certainly not OLD!!!
Good day Sir!
I said GOOD DAY!

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
I have some from the box pass... been afraid to try it. Now I am even more scared...yet intrigued at the same time.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I loved the commercials from the 80s that are on youtube, but I've heard the blend is a Lakeland and I don't enjoy smoking potpourri flavored soap from Bath and Bodyworks.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
God smokes Condor! I am at a loss to understand what is not to like about this tobacco!
Nothing, there is nothing not to like about Condor. Say it loud, say it proud, "I am a Condor man!"
Not to be confused with the early 80's film Condorman, by Disney.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Condor plug is yer only man, slice it, smoke it, end of!
Also very handy for bath night if I cant find the Pears soap

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Wow, this morning's posting activity has been the best i've seen in a while, especially from the newbie's to the forum! Looks like we are going to have some great characters coming up in the ranks! Lol. Good form!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@beansprot: After my breakfast pink gin I have had time to digest your post. What is wrong with you man? Condor is and remains the iconic UK blend. Think of Hovis delivey boys and such such like and miners lighing their pipes. Honesly its part of England!

Status
Not open for further replies.