PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
Hi all
A British humourous magazine is called 'The Chap' - it's a tongue in cheek mag which promotes the finer and somewhat old-fashioned side of male life. It is not remotely to be taken seriously. My daughter worked for them as an intern for a summer when she was studying journalism.
Here is a little news item they published which you may enjoy:
http://thechapmagazine.co.uk/content/section_oldnews/pipe.html
The mag is well worth a little browse if you have the time.
Mike

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I think the pipe shown is actually a Ropp Cherrywood , cute solution to prohibition

smoker.jpg

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
So happy to see a humor magazine being published. I used to read Punch in my college's library back in the early 1970's. I always enjoyed the pipe tobacco ads.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
The Chap sponsors 'The Chap Olympics' which takes place in London every year. My daughter was involved in organising it one year.
These are the BBC pics ... well worth going through them - there is even a pipe based pic ..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/06/magazine_the_chap_olympics/html/1.stm
Mike

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
It's like The Onion, before it was a thing. Maybe with a good side dose of Mad Magazine. Good fun.
And how does he light that pipe? Pipe-smoking as a team sport... or "lifestyle"

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I love the "Chap Manifesto".
2 THOU SHALT NEVER NOT SMOKE. Health and Safety "executives" and jobsworth medical practitioners keep trying to convince us that smoking is bad for the lungs/heart/skin/eyebrows, but we all know that smoking a bent apple billiard full of rich Cavendish tobacco raises one's general sense of well-being to levels unimaginable by the aforementioned spoilsports.

csharp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2015
@didache thanks for posting this and reminding me about that site and magazine. I have seen it before and have even thought about subscribing but never have because I think I would go crazy and want all the back issues.
I appreciate the magazine in the sense that I think humor is a sub rosea way of acknowledging appreciation for the subject matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.