PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2015
Anyone have a "driving blend" like you like to share your commute to work with? Why do you choose it? Nicotine content? Because it's particularly well-behaved? Or do you change up your on-the-drive choice?

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I smoke a lot of Carter Hall in the morning because it wakes me up fairly well goes great with a cup of coffee. I like straight Virginia's as well because the DGT is often times better on the way home than the fresh bowl was on the way in.

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
Since my morning drive in to work is about the only time I get to enjoy a pipe, I smoke anything and everything, and never the same thing twice in a row. This morning's smoke was particularly enjoyable, being Smokingpipes.com Grand Croupier Boneyard blend. A great English taste and it stayed lit well (very important while driving), and just enough nic to get me to my desk and my first cup of coffee. I'll be looking forward to when this one comes back around in the rotation.

Dec 28, 2015
Since my morning commute takes all of about 4 minutes I usually don't even get a full song on the radio much less time for a pipe. On the upside though I do often go home for lunch and enjoy a bowl before returning to work.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I have a 20-25 minute drive. I just never have the thought to do it. I consider pipe smoking to the a evening ritual for the most part.

May 4, 2015
I never used to have a pipe on the commute, but I find it makes dealing with traffic (as it is in Reno) much more tolerable. Cuts about three cigarettes out of my day as well, and that's never a bad thing.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I generally take very large pipes to work. Fill the bowl with whatever that pipe is dedicated to, smoke it driving there, on breaks, and finish it on the drive home.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I keep a couple of full bents in my car, and a supply of somewhat fresh tobacco, but tend to enter the car with whatever I've loaded and started at home. I commute to the city but once a week, so I can't say I have a real commute routine. But I do smoke a lot in the car unless my lady or son is with me.

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
It's usually Bayou Morning or St. James Woods, they both seem to wake me up. My commute is about 30 minutes so I smoke half on the way there and the rest on the way home.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I enjoy pipesmoking in a lawn chair on the patio. In a 350hp 6-sp manual sports car, nicotene and adrenaline are conflicts of interest :D

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
My driving smoke is a GL Pease Piccadilly, Dunhill Early Morning, or if I'm feeling feisty, a light oriental blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.