The Best VaBur May Not Be a Pipe Tobacco At All....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
American Spirit Perique blend loose / RYO tobacco. I will admit to having tried this in a moment of weakness. Wow. This is good stuff.
Anyone try this? Anyone they this in a pipe? And is there a pipe tobacco that tastes like this?

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Nice discovery Sothron.
Mike what blender are you talking about regarding the VA? Thanks.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Thanks.
I keep threatening to buy some stuff to experiment with blending.

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
As an American Spirit RYOer, while I typically go for the organic blend, the Perique is a lovely change of pace. I realize that I'm not adding much to this thread, but I can totally vouch for AmSpir not sucking. Haven't thrown any into a pipe though.
If you're gonna burn nails, they might as well be RYO spirits. Pretty tasty overall, for a cig.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I have tried the American Spirit Perique blend in a pipe and I love it. I am kind of partial to the shag cut. Daughters & Ryan has some great blends at P&C. They have a perique blend that is also excellent it's called Picayune. Thier Cockstrong is another of my fav, if you like strong tobacco. I found if you get accustomed to packing the shag cut in a pipe it works real well.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
For another burley/Virginia/perique blend, you might try Capitol Stairs in the Hearth and Home line. It's pretty good stuff, and not expensive.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
The "new" Three Nuns is a VaBur, eschewing the Perique for white burley and dark-fired Kentucky. It's a pale shadow utterly different from its previous incarnation, but a very good blend in its own right, and a nice ribbon / shag cut that's suitable for RYO as well. They really shouldn't have used the name of such a hallowed blend for it, but that's my own opinionated opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.